Stand Down 2018
When: May 15th – 17th, 2018
Where: Placer County Fairgrounds
WE NEED YOU! – Volunteers are what make the Placer Veterans Stand Down such a successful event. Volunteers are needed before, during and after the actual event to provide the many services offered to support our Veterans.
Contact us at info@PlacerVeteransStandDown.org for more information.
All other volunteers – Click Here
Meals, snacks and beverages are provided for all volunteers during the Stand Down event.
Note: There are two schools within a block of the fair grounds and we are required to run a Megan’s Law check on everyone.
PLANNING TEAM – Please email: info@PlacerVeteransStandDown.org to help in the planning and organization for the event.
Friday May 11, 2018 – Come and Go as you Can
We will be moving the new and used clothing from our storage unit to the Roseville National Guard Armory, and setting up the staging area for the set-up of the fairgrounds. We need persons able to move and lift boxes, and persons who can sort and fold clothing. There are some sit-down jobs for those with mobility issues.
Saturday May 12, 2018 – 9AM to 1PM
Persons needed to help with the clothing in the Armory.
Monday May 14, 2018 – Set up the fairgrounds.
Need lots of workers to help set up the Stand Down event—cleaning, setting up tables and chairs, folding the clothes, unloading boxes, posting signs, and whatever needs to be done to prepare for the event.
Tuesday May 15 and Wednesday May 16 – Volunteers will be scheduled and each volunteer will need to check in with the Volunteer booth to receive a badge. Morning and afternoon shifts available, plus overnight security shifts needed.
- Dental Services: Dental Volunteers Click Here
- Medical Services: We need doctors, nurses, or staff. The duties would be check-ups, giving medical advice, first aid, blood pressure checks, and immunizations, counseling on diabetes, diet, etc., and answering medical questions. We are also in need of a podiatrist or nurse who can clip nails.
- Eye Care Services/ need eye glass lab technicians and opticians
- Legal: Attorneys and other legal professionals to help with legal advice and issues.
- Hairdressers and massage therapists, chiropractors, physical therapists
- Animal Care Professionals
- Clothing: Sorting new and used clothing, and assist vets and families to find sizes
- Animal clinic helpers to bathe, clip nails, walk dogs, clean up
- Desk Jobs jobs are available for those who have a disability or mobility issue
- Kid Zone Helpers – supervise and organize activities with the children
- Greeters at the front gate
- Misc. jobs as needed.
- Please note, the kitchen quota has been filled. thank you
All shifts, but especially overnight is needed. If we have enough overnight volunteers, we can assign 4 hour shifts. Coffee (plenty of coffee) and snacks are provided.
Wednesday, May 16th from 4PM to 8PM: Need strong workers to pack up the dental/medical clinic
Thursday May 17: Meet in the dining hall at 7AM for assignments and breakfast. Volunteer check-in will be re-located to dining hall on Thursday.